RoboDK Forum
Can't rotate Z axis in CNC (5 axes robots)- Printable Version

+- RoboDK Forum (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum)
+-- Forum: RoboDK (EN) (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-EN)
+ - - -论坛:通用RoboDK问题(//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-General-questions-about-RoboDK)
+--- Thread: Can't rotate Z axis in CNC (5 axes robots) (/Thread-Can-t-rotate-Z-axis-in-CNC-5-axes-robots)

Can't rotate Z axis in CNC (5 axes robots)-Oxbown-05-26-2021

Hi @Albertand @Jeremy

I´m using the Reis RL130P in a project that I have to make a robot path program. This path has to be rotated along the Z-axis, but the option is not accessible via the menu.
The Reis uses the CNC cinematic (5 axes).
The Z rotation option is also not accesible in a custom 5 axes robot.

RE: Can´t rotate Z axis in CNC (5 axes robots)-Jeremy-05-26-2021

You can't use optimization on a 5-axis robot.
The concept of this optimization algorithm is that you have a 6-axis system (robot) doing a 5-axis job (milling), you, therefore, have a redundant DOF (rotation around Z that you can use) to avoid singularities and joint limits.
This isn't true if you use a 5-axis robot.

Jeremy

RE: Can´t rotate Z axis in CNC (5 axes robots)-Oxbown-05-26-2021

Hi @Jeremy, thanks for your reply!

The idea of using axis optimization in a 5 axes robot (mechanism) is because in some cases one axis could be in limits and the TCP still could reach a target if the TCP rotates in Z (moving another axis that is not in limits). This functionality could be extremely useful in robots that have low ranged axes.

Albert, Could be this functionality a "Request feature" for a next update?

RE: Can´t rotate Z axis in CNC (5 axes robots)-Jeremy-05-26-2021

We'll see what Albert has to say, but I think that would fundamentally go against the way the algorithm works.

Jeremy