Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RoboDK Inventor Plugin not working for .iam files (Inventor 2021)
Question
Hi team at RoboDK,

I've recently updated to inventor 2021 from 2019, and the plugin no longer allows me to load assemblies as parts into RoboDK.

For example, when I open an Inventor .iam assembly file and click on the RoboDK tab, nothing shows up. So instead, what I have to do is open each .ipt part of the assembly individually and load them one by one which can be time-consuming (or manually generate the STEP file of the assembly and load it into RoboDK).

In inventor 2019, the tab worked fine and allowed me to load the .aim assembly as parts into RoboDK, load curves and all the rest etc. just fine.
Will there be a fix for this soon? Happy to provide more screenshots, if more information is needed.

Inventor 2019

Inventor 2021

(Edit: I have also recently received this work computer to use for my job, and this is what I am using 2021 Inventor on. I would suspect there is read/write restrictions on this computer, which my personal computer with inventor 2019 didn't have.
If this is what is causing the issue, what directories do I need to get access to read/write rights so the plugin can work properly).

Messages In This Thread
RoboDK Inventor Plugin not working for .iam files (Inventor 2021) - byKosta Manning- 09-08-2020, 02:17 AM