Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Drawing with robot

I would like to use a robot to paint some pictures by importing DXF files, convert them to gcode and let robodk generate the program, which works just fine... the issue I have is the speed. Because my pictures consist of many short paths, I lose alot of time for the robot to go from 1 path to another, also the robot never gets to full speed because of the acceleration and deceleration... so my question is, can robodk somehow import all the curves, but turn them into 1 long path where on each start and end of the curve I get a digital signal?

Basically like a laser engraver for example... the robot runs at full speed over its path, but turn on and off the laser as needed... OR, if thats somehow easier, every time there is empty space between 2 lines, he can maybe just lift the tool 1-2 cm but keep his path at full speed.

If there is any other ideas how I could improve my speed, I am open for ideas... the main issue is really that as it is now, each pictures takes me up to 15 min and I think good 30-50% of the time is going from 1 curve to the next and not very often reaching full speed because the lines are too short for the accelerations. (I am drawing on a A4 Paper)

Any input is more then welcome!

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Drawing with robot - byKloper- 08-12-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: Drawing with robot - byJeremy- 08-12-2020, 09:07 PM
RE: Drawing with robot - byKloper- 08-13-2020, 07:51 AM
RE: Drawing with robot - byJeremy- 08-13-2020, 11:03 AM