Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Batch rotating STL objects on a cell

Hi all,

I've received a cell, in STL format. This cell is composed by 759 stl files.

At first, I just imported all files on a blank RDK project. The cell was imported ok, all components properly attached. But I had one problem: the cell came rotated 90 degrees on X axis and also on Z axis, related to RDK "frame zero".

我搜查了文档和论坛,但是没有find any way to rotate everything at same time. Only individual components, one by one.

So, I've found the merge option, and merged all 759 components on a one single object. This way, I could rotate everything at once.

But I didn't need all components, and I want to delete some. And here comes the second problem. When I split the merged cell in its original components, the objects became - and I don't know if this is the right way to say it - shattered.

I've tried the option Convert to Object, but when I do this, RDK shutdown itself.

So, I have two questions:

a) is there any way to import a bunch of 3D files on a determined reference or frame?
b) If not, is there a way to rotate everything after, without merge them all?

I'm using RoboDK 4.0.1 and Ubuntu 16.04.

On Monday I will try this on a Windows 7 machine, running the same version of RoboDK, but if someone has any tips now, I would appreciate.

Messages In This Thread
Batch rotating STL objects on a cell - bymassula- 12-07-2019, 04:05 PM