Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CRS F3 newbie. Also try Thermo CRS, CRS A465, or KUKA KR3

hi jpa, it sounds like you are moving rite along. good that you have the guides. Your link looks like all of them, at least that I have.
So I have a terminal emulator on "PUTTY" I can use that to move the arm in simple move and joint commands, and in world coordinate moves as well. BUT I can't get past that. I got pretty frustrated so I put this on the back burner a bit. if I remember as far as I got. I was able to get some very simple one line programs to compile, but I could not send them to the controller I keep getting not compatible CROS messages. Which was really frustrating because there was only one copy of CROS involved and that is on the controller. If you have a bit of time some day, I would like to see if you can send or publish a sample program that you had success with from the terminal to the controller?? That would be great.
If I thought I could make some progress I would pick this back up in a minute. as I too want this arm to accept some g-code, for some very light CNC mill/router/cutter work. I want to at least be able to get it to do some even 2D CNC work, at least to start.

I am wondering if maybe I am having a incompatibility issue with the PUTTY terminal? As opposed to a different " brand" of terminal emulator? I would think not, but heck I don't know. like I said I can get the terminal to run basic single axis moves and even the multi axis world coordinate moves, but I can only do one move at a time.

thanks for keeping up the communications on this. Have you seen the CRS F3 thread on the Rasberry Pi forum, there were several operators on that forum, but the thread has gone a bit dead at the moment.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...p?t=116806

good luck with your arm
thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRS F3 newbie. Also try Thermo CRS, CRS A465, or KUKA KR3 - byroboterxj- 10-10-2019, 11:51 PM