Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Older Staubli Rx90 model (CS7 vintage)

(06-02-2022, 07:28 PM)DMS-Sci Wrote:Thanks for the reply! I plugged in an ethernet cable to the CS7 through a router and then to my laptop. The CS7 booted on network mode but I'm not sure how to transfer the .rdk file over. I was able to ping the controller via FTP and was trying to transfer the file via FTP. That was a couple of months ago so I don't recall the details of exactly how I set it up, but that's the gist.

So I understand now that you used a floppy disk and edited the program a bit. Thanks for the heads up with the RX90 vs RX90B home positions. I definitely have the former so I'll use your modified default joint configuration for my RX90 as well.

I'm glad you sorted it out! I'm not sure how hard it would be to update a Staubli Rx90 with an AWC or AWCII controller, but if that's possible then higher-speed data transfer is doable.

I used a utility called xmodem to move files over ftp. It was a pain, but it would move stuff to the controller. Slowly..... Also, I wrote a simple python post that will translate x,y,z coordinates from fusion to a format that V+ appreciates. It's nowhere near as good as using robodk, and has no singularity avoidance, but if all you need is to cut a smaller part with cartesian it should work well. I'm going to try it with an Adept XYZ machine, which does not have the singularity issue (essentially a cnc router).

Sorry I don't check this often enough, if you have have trouble with your Staubli, feel free to try me.

davidturnswood@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Older Staubli Rx90 model (CS7 vintage) - bydavidturnswood- 12-20-2022, 02:11 AM