Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Iterative calibrating

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you were able to make it work and you are satisfied.

When you say you got a worse result, do you mean after you try to run a new calibration from scratch? I don't understand where the 94 mm error comes from...

Running the whole calibration once only should be enough if your robot was mastered using the standard procedure. You can get an idea of the impact of calibrating only with the mastering parameters. However, if nominal accuracy is 2-5 mm I don't think that redoing your mastering and recalibrating again will give you better accuracy with the calibrated model. On the other hand, if you run the calibration and you see that nominal errors are around 20 mm, you can apply this procedure (reset your mastering first and then recalibrate).

Please note the mastering program from RoboDK does not reset the mastering for joints 1 and joint 6. You need reference points for these to work. However, mastering joints 1 and 6 is not so important because these parameters are redundant with defining the robot TCP and your reference frame.

Messages In This Thread
Iterative calibrating - byKarl- 08-11-2022, 10:20 PM
RE: Iterative calibrating - byAlbert- 08-12-2022, 07:38 AM
RE: Iterative calibrating - byKarl- 08-12-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: Iterative calibrating - byKarl- 08-12-2022, 09:33点
RE: Iterative calibrating - byAlbert- 08-13-2022, 02:26 PM
RE: Iterative calibrating - byKarl- 08-13-2022, 04:29 PM