Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

铣削课题am cutting corners/deviating from Fusion and RoboDK paths

Thanks Jeremy,

That would be excellent if it worked out. It would certainly smooth things out between software like fusion and the robot, with far fewer opportunites for mishaps.

The other thing I am having trouble with: A single good quality finishing pass takes 48 floppy disk transfers (over a million coordinates). Something very helpful would be file splitting that gives each chunk it's own header (or whatever you call the top 9 or 10 lines of code in v+) that names the program, speed, ect, and starts the tool point in the joint pose, then the "above" pose, as well as the tool retracting and an "end." statement. I would just use files after the first one with no header but my controller won't recognize them as viable programs.

The other problem I need to figure out is a drip feed. I can only load 4 of these chunks into my system's memory at a time. I'm not sure if this is how your drip feed works, but I need to load a couple programs, and as soon as one finishes, dump it out of memory and load the following program. This is less critical, but would still make my life easier. It's not a huge deal if I can only run 4 at a time (much better than one), but file splitting that gives each chunk the correct formatting, and ensure the tool doesn't crash in between would be tremendously helpful for milling.

It has been challenging, but a lot of fun to figure out where the limits of my machine are.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Milling program cutting corners/deviating from Fusion and RoboDK paths - bydavidturnswood- 05-05-2022, 08:29 PM