Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Milling program cutting corners/deviating from Fusion and RoboDK paths

Ok,

So I suspect it must have something to do with RoboDk or my robot translating what should be good sized arc movements to straight-line movements. Is there a good way to ask my robot to move in an arc? Or is that not supported with the Adept V+ for Staubli post? I know my machine has the ability to interpolate between different joint positions, and to move in arcs, but it is unclear if it can do that while maintaining the tool configuration. I know the moves command will ask it to move in a straight line whilst maintaining the cool configuration, and that the move command may move in an arc - but possibly not the arc we would ask it to use, and thus, not maintaining tool configuration.

Even if RoboDk's post can't make this translation, I would be curious if I can do it manually as an experiment.

It seems the best option I have right now is to create more points in my path. I tried increasing the tolerance in my Fusion path from 1mm to .2mm, and that seems to have taken care of the problem so far. I was hoping to reduce the number of points to keep my programs shorter, and allow the robot to work more smoothly. A friend of mine who knows these older Staubli robots well suggested that a path with a minimum execution step of 2.5mm may help to run my machine faster and smoother.

Will the plugin for Fusion handle this translation any differently? I am sending my file to RoboDk using grbl / nc format.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Milling program cutting corners/deviating from Fusion and RoboDK paths - bydavidturnswood- 04-07-2022, 04:17 PM