Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alignment of wrist axis for milling

Hello!

I am setting up a milling work cell with my Staubli Rx90 (1994, CS7 w Adept MV19 controller).

The issue I am having is I did a poor job of aligning the bracket I made to hold my router, and now it is about 2 degrees off. (Wrist axis, joint 6).

How can i alter the position of this joint without the milling program (imported from Fusion) changing it back to it's slightly skewed position?).

I can alter the joint position, as well as the tool position, but as soon as the milling program executes, it goes back to being askew.

I thought about changing the calibration in my controller's software, but that is dicey as the robot is new very much packed away in a work cell, and I can no longer get the machine into it's regular "ready" position.

I actually tried this and it was a disaster. I had to physically move the robot out of the cell to fix it! (Perhaps if I was better at this I wouldn't have screwed it up so badly, but my machine likes to calibrate itself standing upgright, and it can't do that where it is, as the ceiling is only 7' tall).

Thanks,

David

Messages In This Thread
Alignment of wrist axis for milling - bydavidturnswood- 03-26-2022, 06:08点