Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Python: Specific post processor and run mode for machining project

Hi,
我想回到上面ic once more. My actual question is still about the transfer of the program to the robot. To make things maybe a little clearer let me begin with the situation as it is.
The program for the machining project is ready in RoboDK. Since I am using it for 3D printing I used the recommended Slic3r-Software to generate the path and also the printing parameters. What is still causing difficulties are the Extruder() calls (see attachment). As of yet they are included in the RoboDK program as program calls but they are skipped when the program is running since there are no sub programs named Extruder(2.000), Extruder(2.011), Extruder(2.064) and so on. I need to translate the extruder values to I/O-values so they can be transferred to my printing equipment.

I can think of two (reasonable) ways to do that and would like to know if that is possible. The major difference between both options is the way the program is transferred to the robot.

1) I could write a script that loops through the entire program in RoboDK, retrieves each extruder call and replaces it by I/O instructions. That should be possible right?
Then I would use

Code:
program.setRunType(PROGRAM_RUN_ON_ROBOT)
and execute the program on the robot using the KUKAVARPROXY, assuming that it supports not only robot movement but also I/O instructions.
This is really not my preferred option since it would most probably take a lot of time to loop through the program and replace every extruder call. My test object is quite small but already has like 370k lines of instructions. I prefer option 2).

2) I customise the post processor in an appropriate way, which I already tried and which seems much more sophisticated to me. Similar to what Albert suggested,
Quote: run_mode = RUNMODE_MAKE_ROBOTPROG_AND_UPLOAD

program.MakeProgram(path_folder, run_mode)
I would then use

Code:
run_mode = RUNMODE_MAKE_ROBOTPROG_AND_START # run_mode = 5
program.MakeProgram(path_folder, run_mode)
to transfer the program to the robot and execute it there.
That would be the best solution, although there are a few things left unclear. What do I have to consider when choosing the path_folder? I assume I have to use the ftp-settings to access the robot controller, but where do I have to put the program then? Do you have experience with this method and a KRC4 controller or maybe even a sample program? I am asking in advance before trying it out because several other boards that are dealing with KUKA are stating that it is somewhere between difficult and impossible what I need to do. According to other users the file transfer is possible with some restraints but remotely starting a program is considered impossible due to safety issues. Anyway, I would gladly prove them all wrong if it is possible with RoboDK.

To sum it up, I need to:
- revise my program either using a script or a customised post processer (that is not the problem)
- transfer the program to the robot
- execute the program on the robot (automatically)

I hope there is a solution to that and I am grateful for help and support.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pyton: Specific post processor and run mode for machining project - byDavidG- 03-28-2019, 01:44 PM