Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

External Axis to follow path

It's not something I'm aware anyone else has done before.

But it's still something I think is achievable if you are ready for a bit of Python programming.

I wouldn't go the onAction route.
What I would do instead is "Modifying the program" once the 3D printing project is done in RoboDK but before post-processing it.
In other words, I would modify the "white" program generated. (You can "right-click" -> "Show instructions" on the white program to see the instructions in it.)

Here's an example of how to modify the instructions in a program://www.sinclairbody.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/exam...structions
(You might want to try it out on a simple program you create manually (like 4 targets, 4 moves) before trying on a 3D printing program.)

My strategy would be to find the first relevant move, find the second relevant move, figure out the "angle or orientation" in-between the two, and add a program call to reorient the axis in the right direction in-between the 2 points. Rince and repeat in-between each point.
For the simulation, you can use a "start thread" instead of a "program call" as it's non-blocking.
For the real robot, it will depend on how you manage the external axis.

I wouldn't say it's an easy solution, but I think it shouldn't be too hard either.

Hope it helps.
Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our2022世界杯32强赛程表时间 and by watching tutorials on ourYoutube Channel.

Messages In This Thread
External Axis to follow path - bymacroktg- 11-19-2021, 07:34 AM
RE: External Axis to follow path - byJeremy- 11-19-2021, 03:22 PM
RE: External Axis to follow path - bymacroktg- 11-19-2021, 11:45 PM
RE: External Axis to follow path - byJeremy- 11-20-2021, 03:04 AM
RE: External Axis to follow path - bymacroktg- 11-21-2021, 01:31 AM
RE: External Axis to follow path - byJeremy- 11-22-2021, 08:45 PM
RE: External Axis to follow path - bymacroktg- 11-22-2021, 09:05 PM