Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

defining path to tool offset in curve follow projects

Hi,

- I have a path I need a robot model to follow.
- I import this path as a list of points, in the format [x,y,z,i,j,k] where [x,y,z] are position of the TCP and [i,j,k] are orientation vector of the TCP.
- This definition leaves the orientation of the 6th axis undefined. For my application I need to define the 6th axis position as a function of time.
- I found an answer at this link (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Thread-Dictatin...ng-Project) suggesting to use the "path to tool offset" feature.
- The "path to tool offset" feature seems to me not to include an option to import a list of orientations (corresponding to the list of points which define the path).

Questions:
- Am I missing this functionality? Is it available somehow?
- If not available, how do I achieve this level of control (this is super necessary for me)? What suggestions do you have?

(注:我应该是不明显的d import the path orientations as i,j,k vectors, especially considering that (a) I was expecting to be able to define all axes using the path definition and an i,j,k vector doesn't do that, and (b) when I double click on the imported path I see in the panel on the right "object position with respect to" and an angle definition in degrees which also mislead me)

Cheers,
AJ

Messages In This Thread
defining path to tool offset in curve follow projects - byaj747- 10-01-2021, 09:13 PM