RoboDK Forum
How to program an extruder and Fanuc robotic arm?- Printable Version

+- RoboDK Forum (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum)
+-- Forum: RoboDK (EN) (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-EN)
+--- Forum: General questions about RoboDK (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-General-questions-about-RoboDK)
+--- Thread: How to program an extruder and Fanuc robotic arm? (/Thread-How-to-program-an-extruder-and-Fanuc-robotic-arm)

How to program an extruder and Fanuc robotic arm?-Amirreza Davar-08-04-2022

Hello,

I am recently doing an assignment regarding how to control Fanuc LR Mate 200id/7L with RoboDK. Because I am new to this software, I don't know where to start.

When I first started using RoboDK software, I was able to execute a simple geometry and to move the robotic arm to create the 3D print model. However, the extruder was only able to trace and follow the toolpath (not injecting any filament).

I was wondering how I can 3D print a model with filament shown in the simulation. What are the programming tools and where I can find some relevant sample codes/programs to fulfil this assignment?

提前谢谢你。
Amirreza Davar

RE: How to program an extruder and Fanuc robotic arm?-Olivier-08-04-2022

In the curve follow project settings, go to Program Events and add a program call in the "Path start" and "Path finish" sections to trigger your extruder IO.

RE: How to program an extruder and Fanuc robotic arm?-Amirreza Davar-08-05-2022

(08-04-2022, 03:45 PM)Olivier Wrote:In the curve follow project settings, go to Program Events and add a program call in the "Path start" and "Path finish" sections to trigger your extruder IO.

Dear Olivier,

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

我跟随你的指示to activate the extruder, but each time it started printing without any material deposition. I assume the problem has something to do with the python script.

I copied the python script from the sample you provided. Presumably I should customize the python codes in respect to my own model in RoboDK. I am not sure if this is the case.

I would be more than grateful if you can assist me to fix this problem.

Best regards,
Amirreza Davar