RoboDK Forum
issue with path projection using python and curve follow project可打印版本

+- RoboDK Forum (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum)
+-- Forum: RoboDK (EN) (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-EN)
+--- Forum: RoboDK API (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-API)
+--- Thread: issue with path projection using python and curve follow project (/Thread-issue-with-path-projection-using-python-and-curve-follow-project)

issue with path projection using python and curve follow project-audreyv-03-28-2022

Hello,

I've been trying to create a path and project it onto a surface but am running into issue when the curve is being projected. The surface is a hollow cylinder and I am trying to project half circles onto the inside of the cylinder, following the circular paths. When I do the projection it doesn't follow the correct curve and ends up making a completely different curve being followed that doesn't equate to the one I generated. I thought it was maybe because my circles were too large and were covering the surface but even after changing the diameter it did not help.

RE: issue with path projection using python and curve follow project-Jeremy-03-29-2022

Can you give us a bit more information?
Screenshots, .rdk station with objects, and example script.

Jeremy

RE: issue with path projection using python and curve follow project-audreyv-03-29-2022

I have attached the station along with the script, and the simulation of what it does when it projects onto the part. I have paths for the part but they are not projected.

station

RE: issue with path projection using python and curve follow project-audreyv-03-29-2022

My colleague found the issue. Thank you!