RoboDK Forum
ABB virtual controller connection- Printable Version

+- RoboDK Forum (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum)
+-- Forum: RoboDK (EN) (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-EN)
+ - - -论坛:通用RoboDK问题(//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-General-questions-about-RoboDK)
+--- Thread: ABB virtual controller connection (/Thread-ABB-virtual-controller-connection)

ABB virtual controller connection-Aleix Ripoll-02-21-2022

Hello,

I read several information about real robot connection in the forum. But is it possible to make a connection between RoboDK and an ABB virtual controller?

In my ABB virtual controller PC Interface option is activated and the IP address of the controller is 192.168.125.1

I have attached pack&go and robodk station to check it. An error message also appears in the abb teach pendant: "Socket error - the specified address is invalid. The only valid addresses are the LAN address of the controller or the service port address, 192.168.125.1"

here the attachments

RE: ABB virtual controller connection-Albert-02-22-2022

I believe you forgot to attach your files.

我内华达州er tested connecting to a virtual robot using ABB RobotStudio. Did you try setting the IP to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"?

Or you can also try with a valid IP address on your computer.

RE: ABB virtual controller connection-Aleix Ripoll-02-24-2022

Hello,

I hope the files are correctly attached now. I tryied with localhost and IP 127.0.0.1 and I looked at which port we can connect to robotstudio by netstat in cmd. I am guessing it was port 5354. But roboDK can not connect. Maybe, I am doing something wrong.

We added RoboDK as an exclusive to allow the program going through the firewall. I can't disable firewall in my company laptop due to company policies.

You said you never tried to connect robodk to robotstudio. So, the option to connect to the robot (//www.sinclairbody.com/doc/en/Robot-Calibration-LaserTracker-Connect-robot.html) is only valid for a real robot controller?

RE: ABB virtual controller connection-Jeremy-02-24-2022

We only did it with the real robot, but it doesn't mean it's not possible with Robotstudio, just that we never tried.

Jeremy