RoboDK Forum
Questions about robot workspace- Printable Version

+- RoboDK Forum (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum)
+-- Forum: RoboDK (EN) (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-EN)
+ - - -论坛:通用RoboDK问题(//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-General-questions-about-RoboDK)
+--- Thread: Questions about robot workspace (/Thread-Questions-about-robot-workspace)

Questions about robot workspace-TaigoVan-02-23-2021

Hello, dear Jeremy,

I would like to ask 2 questions about the robot workspace.

1. We know that the working space of the robot can be shown by the "*". Here take the KUKA KR16-2 as an example: If the outside range is the farthest distance the robot can reach, what is the meaning of the inside range? It is clearly not the closest distance a robot can reach.

2. Can RoboDK digitize the robot workspace? I mean, is there a function to show the set of coordinates that the robot can reach when the robot base is fixed? Or at this point I give a random target point, can I tell if it is within the workspace or not?

Best regards,

Van

RE: Questions about robot workspace-Jeremy-02-23-2021

Hi Van,

1. The inner "sphere" you see is a dead zone for the robot when you are in a specific configuration, in this case "behind" your back (joint 2 = -155).

2. There are many ways to know if a target is reachable or not.
a - If you create a target and it's out of reach, a yellow warning sign will appear on top of it (in the station tree).
b - If you create a program with some target in it, pressing F5 or right-click the program and "Check Path" will tell you if some parts of the path are unreachable.
c - Using the API, you can use MoveJ_Test to know if a target is or isn't within reach.
d - If you move a target (hold Alt and drag an axis) a ghost tool/robot will appear, if you drag it out of the robot's reach, the tool will become red.

希望it helps.
Jeremy

RE: Questions about robot workspace-TaigoVan-02-23-2021

Ahh, I see, thx a lot!

RE: Questions about robot workspace-Mhitzerd-03-02-2022

(02-23-2021, 10:37 AM)Jeremy Wrote:Hi Van,

1. The inner "sphere" you see is a dead zone for the robot when you are in a specific configuration, in this case "behind" your back (joint 2 = -155).

2. There are many ways to know if a target is reachable or not.
a - If you create a target and it's out of reach, a yellow warning sign will appear on top of it (in the station tree).
b - If you create a program with some target in it, pressing F5 or right-click the program and "Check Path" will tell you if some parts of the path are unreachable.
c - Using the API, you can use MoveJ_Test to know if a target is or isn't within reach.
d - If you move a target (hold Alt and drag an axis) a ghost tool/robot will appear, if you drag it out of the robot's reach, the tool will become red.

希望it helps.
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

What is meant with a dead zone. I can't seem to find a good explanation what a dead zone entails.
I also want to know what the smaller sphere signifies when showing the workspace. Specifically, that would be for the Doosan M1013 robot.

Kind regards,
Matti

RE: Questions about robot workspace-Olivier-03-02-2022

The inner sphere represent the reachable zone when the joint 2 is negative.

The attached image show the robot with the joint 2 in negative value and at its maximum reach on the edge of the inner sphere.