RoboDK Forum
costume target on surface- Printable Version

+- RoboDK Forum (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum)
+-- Forum: RoboDK (EN) (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-EN)
+--- Forum: RoboDK API (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-API)
+--- Thread: costume target on surface (/Thread-costume-target-on-surface)

costume target on surface-DibashAdhikari-01-28-2021

hello,
let's suppose i have a list of points on the curved surface. and i need to drill it vertically,
我想用一个目标表面上,但是targets manually is practically not good and takes a long time.
so in my view, the basic process is to make CSV file of the hole location x,y,z but to make the target perpendicular to the surface, I need W, R, P value of that point. is it possible to use teach on target function from python, then i could have select the surface as a guiding surface, and select the points. then the virtual target will be made on those points in perpendicular to the surface.

Thank you in advance,

RE: costume target on surface-Jeremy-01-28-2021

Hi Dibash,

As far as I know, "Teach on surface" isn't accessible from the API.
But you can play with the projection parameters when you create a "curve" or "points".
//www.sinclairbody.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robolink.html#robolink.Robolink.AddCurve
You can also look at this function://www.sinclairbody.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robolink.html#robolink.Robolink.ProjectPoints

This is put to use in the example "Example-07.c-Script Curve Follow Custom" available in the local library (C:/RoboDK/Library)
There's also a script in Library/Script called Project_Curve_2_Surface.

I didn't play with that much, but in the little time I did I realized the projection function seems to work best with .stl file.

Jeremy