RoboDK Forum
RoboDK connection to UR5- Printable Version

+- RoboDK Forum (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum)
+-- Forum: RoboDK (EN) (//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-RoboDK-EN)
+ - - -论坛:通用RoboDK问题(//www.sinclairbody.com/forum/Forum-General-questions-about-RoboDK)
+--- Thread: RoboDK connection to UR5 (/ 3ad-RoboDK-connection-to-UR5)

RoboDK connection to UR5-Midhun Ram-10-27-2020

Hi,

I'm not able to connect to UR5 robot using RoboDK software even after following all the steps in forums. I can ping the UR5 without issue, but the connection status bar never turns green, instead stopping at "Waiting...". I have attached a screenshot below, can someone help me with this process.`
UR5 : Universal Robots software : 3.3.0.145
RoboDK version: v3.8.1 -Educational(University)

I have turned off the firewall settings and done changes in .ini file, yet I'm not able to establish a connection.

Thank you.

RE: RoboDK connection to UR5-Jeremy-10-27-2020

Hi Midhun,

Updating to RoboDK version 5.1.1 would be a great first step.
Other than that, is your robot in "remote control" mode?

Jeremy

RE: RoboDK connection to UR5-Midhun Ram-10-27-2020

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for replying, I'll definitely update the software and I'm using CB3 series in which remote control mode is turned on as default setting. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure remote control mode is turned on?

Thank you,
Midhun

RE: RoboDK connection to UR5-Jeremy-10-27-2020

Make sure that you have access to the robot port, that it's not blocked by any IT security.

Jeremy

RE: RoboDK connection to UR5-Midhun Ram-10-27-2020

Jeremy, I try these solutions and get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Thank you.

RE: RoboDK connection to UR5-Midhun Ram-11-02-2020

Hi,

I have successfully connected UR5 to RoboDK by updating both. When I run the program I'm not able to control the gripper. Can you please let me know how to control the grippers.
Gripper type : RoboTIQ Adaptive Gripper 2-Finger 85 & 140.

Thank you.